Meals and Snacks
Burn & Build Body Whole Food Meal and Snack Suggestions
The following can help you plan your meals while on a Burn & Build Body program – or if you are just trying to eat a more healthy, nutrient-rich diet.
Each one of these meals can be prepared yourself or ordered in a restaurant (asking for a healthy menu substitution with a smile is rarely turned down) or used as an inspiration to create something similar on your own. Eating a diet abundant in whole, fresh, unrefined and unprocessed foods is a key factor in vibrant health and anti-aging.
The most efficient way to build muscle and burn fat is to feed your body throughout the day. Do this by planning 3 small meals and 2 snacks daily, each separated by approximately 3 hours. This conscious form of eating will keep your body’s metabolism and blood glucose levels at their healthiest and most efficient. The best way to measure a "portion size" is to match the portion of food to the size of your clenched fist.
If you are following the Burn & Build Body Fit Kit Program, the 14-Day Anti-Aging Detox or our Protein Lean Power Food Diet, there will be specific foods and food groups listed in their guides for you to follow.
LUNCH AND DINNER MEAL SUGGESTIONS
- Grilled salmon, green beans, leeks, yellow squash or green salad, quinoa.
- White meat turkey, dijon mustard, spinach salad, brown rice.
- Tuna, mixed with olive oil, herbs, and assorted chopped vegetables, millet.
- Skinless lemon chicken breast, steamed spinach, tossed salad, brown rice.
- Steamed or grilled chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower, sweet potato.
- Steamed or grilled fish with snow peas, bean sprouts, red peppers,quinoa.
- Turkey burger with sliced tomato, oven roasted vegetables, buckwheat.
- Navy bean vegetable stew with broccoli, squash, peas, onions.
- Steamed or poached eggs, steamed spinach or kale, sweet potato.
- Organic, non-gmo tofu, steamed or roasted vegetables, brown rice.
For salad dressings, try using a mix of 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 flaxseed oil.
- Protein Lean smoothie made with coconut water and 1⁄2 banana*
- Unsweetened almond butter on celery or unsalted brown rice cake.
- 3 ounces of sliced turkey or chicken with steamed broccoli.
- Celery sticks with hummus.
- Unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon and chopped almonds.
- Turkey or chicken rolled in a lettuce leaf .
- Lightly steamed sliced vegetables or cucumber with hummus.
- Avocado dip with vegetables.
- Almonds and a medium sized pear or apple.
- Glass of fresh organic vegetable juice (not carrot) plus almonds.
- Seaweed rolled with avocado and brown rice.
- One or two hardboiled eggs with gluten free crackers.
- Protein Lean Vanilla or Chocolate pudding.*
*Protein Lean is a lactose free, gluten free, soy free, fructose free vegan protein powder. It contains no artificial ingredients and it supplies pre-biotic and heart healthy fiber – plus 17 grams of protein and a 100% score on amino acids. One or two servings of Protein Lean daily provides exceptional foundation nutrition. It is used by exercise enthusiasts as a before, and post-workout and supports fat loss and muscle growth.
Live Long & Powerfully