When you're just starting an exercise program, your adrenaline can make you workout so hard that you burn yourself out within the first week. Plan your workouts just like you would if you were building a house. Make a plan, create a foundation and then pace your construction so you'll have something you'll want to stick with for a lifetime.
Burn & Build Body Lifestyle
Banana-Almond Protein Muffins
Protein Lean Banana-Almond Muffins
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, White Sugar Free
Makes 6 muffins (on the larger size)
We love these for our (almost) guilt free weekend breakfast carbs. They're full of protein, omega-3's and fiber. Easy and quick to make, they're good warmed the next day too, if they last that long.
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
¾ Cup Almond Meal/Flour
¾ Cup Protein Lean Power Food (Vanilla)
½ Cup Sucanat or Turbanado Sugar
4 Tbs Finely Ground Flax Seed (Ground fresh if possible)
½ Tsp Baking Soda
¼ Tsp Baking Powder
Combine the dry ingredients together and whisk to mix and aerate.
1 Banana (very ripe, mashed)
3 Large Eggs
½ Cup Coconut Oil (warm until liquid)
½ Cup Coconut Milk
Combine the liquid ingredients together and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Oil muffin tin(Organic olive oil spray works well)
- Mix together dry and liquid ingredients using a spatula
- Pour into the muffin tin until each is approximately ¾ full
- Put in oven and set-timer to check in 20 minutes
- Bake time varies between 20 and 35 minutes
- Let cool and remove to wire rack